Monday 13 August 2012

My Latest Obsession From The MAC Counter: Frankly Scarlett.


Well hello there everyone! This is my first blog post/ review EVER, so I'm marking on some new territory here (is that how the saying goes?!)  Anyhow, this is very exciting for me, and I hope to improve on how this blog post/ how the picture quality is right now, but just bare with me! Well, that was my little shpeal, now onto the review.


Today I'm going to tell you about my number one blush for fall (aka my latest obsession). This is it right here!






I picked up this bright red beauty from my local MAC counter.The name of this blusher is "Frankly Scarlett" and this shade is part of MAC's permanent collection, so it does not have any fancy packaging but to be honest I prefer this to some of the other packaging to MAC has had in the past.  
It is simple and appropriate for any age, so if my mother wanted to have this colour in her collection she would feel embarrassed for having a Hello Kitty face on her blush (no matter how cute it is).
Now onto the actual product! The formula is matte, so there are no simmer/glitter -- which I personally prefer. I feel if there were shimmers/glitters the blush would just be way too over the
top. As you can see in the photo, this blush BRIGHT red. It almost reminds me of the colour of a red bell pepper, or a fire engine. The colour in the picture is not really showing up true, but its basically the colour of my background. Typically I wouldn't go for a colour like this as I like to play it safe with my make-up most of the time, but this really caught my eye (how could it not?!) So I decided that I would go out on a limb and try it out, what's the worst that could happen, right?
 

This is probably the most pigmented MAC blush I own, so you have to be careful when you apply it because you could end up looking like a clown (unless that's the look you're going for...) The way that I like to apply it is by BARELY tapping my brush into the pan (seriously guys, I would never dare to swirl my brush around in this blush) and then I like to see how much I have on my brush.. If I see a prominent splotch of red then I know to wipe my brush gently on my hand and then go for my the apples of my cheeks. 

Although you do have to be careful with this, it's definitely worth the extra 30 seconds, because you are left with a beautiful rosy flush to you cheeks that I personally love for the fall time. Even though it's summer now I still wear Frankly Scarlett because I find it looks good with a tan too, but I usually just wear it when I'm a bit more pale. A perfect everyday look to pair this with is just some bold mascara, and a pinky-nude lip. To make the look go from day to night just add some subtle definition in the crease, and some winged eyeliner. You will look like you put a ton of effort into your make-up when in reality it probably will only take you about 5 minutes.


All in all I'm really glad I went out of my comfort zone and decided to pick up this blush.

Comment below and tell me some of the products you have tried that you usually wouldn't have bought, but ended up loving!

No comments:

Post a Comment